How to use KatZoom
Select the opening letters
between the two cards
before and after the place you are looking for in the alphabet
and repeat until you
find what you are looking for
to look through the catalogue in both directions
- Choose the initial letters of what you are looking for in the alphabet
(A-Z) in the left-hand window. The selection of the initial letters
limits your search. All catalogue cards with the ordinal word containing
these initial letters are split up into four parts. In the right-hand window
the first catalogue card in each of the four parts and the last catalogue
card of the search area are shown in short text.
- In the right-hand window choose the area where you expect to find what
you are looking for and limit it further by using the function ZOOM
- KatZoom redivides the newly limited search area into four again and
displays the closest sections.
- With ZOOM in you can limit your search until 16 catalogue cards
in succession are displayed in full text.
- Look for the work in question among these 16 catalogue cards.
Please note: Read the tips (in English) on contents (Inhalt) and alphabetic
arrangement (Ordnungskriterien) in the help menu (Hilfe) to find your way.
- The list function shows you the directly preceding or succeeding catalogue
- Use the Back Function in your internet browser to repeat the
last commands in your search or to use a different Zoom area. The back
key is important to remember if you have landed in the wrong search area.